From approximately July 22 through August 22, the theme of your life is Leo season.
Leo is the fifth sign of the zodiac. In numerology, the number five is all about change, risk-taking, and unexpectedness. This period of the year is all about “expect the unexpected,” and you should prepare yourself for many surprises. It also brings a great sense of freedom.
The 5th house relates to children, creativity, and pleasure. The Leo can be seen as “the child of the zodiac,” with a vivid imagination, an optimistic outlook to life, and an intense focus on themselves rather than achievement, responsibility, or the judgment of others. In ancient astrology, the 5th house specifically refers to sex for procreation, but in modern times this meaning has morphed into casual dating and physical pleasure.
Leo is ruled by the sun, and just as all of our planets revolve around the sun, so the whole world revolves around the Leo. Leo’s can be extroverted in that they are bold, attention-grabbing, and expressive — but they can also be just as introverted because they internalize everything around them. It’s difficult for a Leo not to take things personally because they are so highly aware of what’s in front of them and can see everything with clear vision. Like the sun, Leo’s command authority and respect, but they will blind you if you dare to look them directly in the eyes — bow down in humility and put your sunglasses on while they’re around.
Like Aries and Sagittarius, Leo is a fire sign. Fire signs are feisty and competitive, action-oriented and masculine, and highly energetic. Fire signs are emotional like water signs, but their emotions come from passion and anger, rather than sadness and sensitivity. Fire signs are impatient like air signs, but unlike air signs, they are prone to act on impulse, without thinking first. And fire signs are physical like Earth signs, but they act much more quickly.
Leo is a fixed sign, like Taurus, Scorpio, and Aquarius. This makes them stubborn, obsessive, and unable to let go, with a tendency to hold grudges. However, this also gives them the ability to follow through on their plans, as well as a strong sense of loyalty and devotion towards their loved ones.
Symbolized as the lion, Leo is the regal king of the jungle. Their sense of strength is incredible and they are braver than most. But there’s a wild side to them, and their challenge in life is learning how to tame that part of them without ever feeling ashamed of it.
Check your sun and rising signs:
- Leo: A brand new chapter, focus on the self
- Virgo: Closing up a chapter, a quiet time of rest and reflection, secrecy.
- Libra: Friendship and community; hope for the future
- Scorpio: Spotlight on reputation and career; gaining recognition.
- Sagittarius: Traveling or broadening your education.
- Capricorn: Transformation and rebirth, mystery and taboo, intimacy.
- Aquarius: Bonding with partner or best friend.
- Pisces: Paying attention to your health and daily rituals.
- Aries: Creativity and imagination, a focus on children.
- Taurus: Getting cozy at home, spending time with family.
- Gemini: Communication, local travel, bonding with siblings, coworkers, or neighbors.
- Cancer: Indulging in materialism, focus on money and resources.