Cancer is the fourth sign of the zodiac. In numerology, the number four is characterized by emotional stability, deep introspection, and control. This number is not about risk-taking or popping your comfort bubble, rather, it prioritizes a feeling of safety and security, especially on an internal level.
Cancer resides in the fourth house, which digs deep beneath the surface, into the subconscious. This house represents what is hidden and mystical — dreams, intuition, feelings, and thoughts. It also represents our roots — family, home, and core belief systems. This is a very private house which holds great power over how we present ourselves on the surface.
Cancer is ruled by the moon. This is reflective of the ever-changing nature of this zodiac — waning and waxing, empty and full. But even during a full moon, we can only see the half of it — the dark side of the moon is always hidden away. Those born under this zodiac will always keep a part of themselves in secrecy, even when you think you’ve seen it all. And similarly, these natives carry the inner wisdom that every situation in life is not what it seems, and that there is always more to the story than what we are told.
Like Scorpio and Pisces, this zodiac is a water sign. Water signs may be more sensitive and emotional, but they come off as calm, cool, and collected on the surface. You never know how deep the water runs until you go in for a dive. Water signs are also very spiritual and are gifted at seeing beyond the physical realm.
Cancer is a cardinal sign, which makes them initiators. They may struggle to follow through on plans or finish projects to completion, but they have a talent for sparking new ideas and taking the lead. This zodiac signs seek control.
Symbolized as the crab, Cancer has a tough shell, and will hide away from the world in seclusion whenever they feel threatened. It’s very hard to get them to open up completely.
Personal themes: (check sun and rising sign)
- Cancer: A brand new chapter, focus on the self
- Leo: Closing up a chapter, a quiet time of rest and reflection, secrecy.
- Virgo: Friendship and community; hope for the future
- Libra: Spotlight on reputation and career; gaining recognition.
- Scorpio: Traveling or broadening your education.
- Sagittarius: Transformation and rebirth, mystery and taboo, intimacy.
- Capricorn: Bonding with partner or best friend.
- Aquarius: Paying attention to your health and daily rituals.
- Pisces: Creativity and imagination, a focus on children.
- Aries: Getting cozy at home, spending time with family.
- Taurus: Communication, local travel, bonding with siblings, coworkers, or neighbors.
- Gemini: Indulging in materialism, focus on money and resources.