Awareness: The scale
Social anxiety affects people are varying intensities, or “a scale” from slightly inconvenient to life-threatening.
- Moderate to extreme debilitation in high-stake social situations (such as tests, interviews, public speaking, etc.)
- Moderate debilitation in specific social situations, mild symptoms on a daily basis.
- Extreme debilitation in specific social situations, mild to moderate symptoms on a daily basis.
- Extreme debilitation on a daily basis, certain situations more triggering than others.
- Extreme debilitation in every single social situation on a daily basis.
There’s also a good chance you don’t fit one single number, but you slide around the scale depending on other circumstances.